Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Dena's Mother's Day started at 12:05 a.m. Rigel was very instant that he wanted to eat. He slept ok after that. I got her a card that she enjoyed and a pair of shoes (the wrong size of course. Fellas, just a note, jewelry goes over better.) I guess all women have a friend named Tiffany.

The morning went well and we made our first voyage to church. Dena and I liked the service but Rigel thought it was boring and slept the whole time.

Later we met my parents and brother at the Chautauqua dining hall for brunch, it was scenic and nice. Rigel must not have been impressed because slept through that too. At the end he let us know he was done just sitting in the seat and told mom that it was time to eat.

As a family we are somewhat setting into a routine. I am really enjoying my time off work, I think everybody should only have to work one month on one off. The powers that be did not ask me about scheduling.

For me (Dena), it was pretty amazing that after 2.5 weeks you can get all the recognition and gifts for mother's day. Though with the schedule I am keeping, my dismay is quickly dissolved and I am willing to fully claim this wonderful holiday known as Mother's Day! It gives me a whole new appreciation for my mom since she went through this with me when I was Rigel's age. Love you mom and can't say it enough!

Getting to church for the first time was no small feat. Babies seem to know when you need to get somewhere at a certain time and will interject their feeding schedule into that. I was raised being on-time or early everywhere I go... thank goodness for grace so I can accept the fact that occasional lateness is just a part of being a new mom.

All in all, I love my baby so incredibly much and thus, love being a mother, but told Boyd that I prefer being called "mommy, mama or mom".

3 comments:

BoyDena said...

Come on friends, leave a comment for us!

Haguer said...

i love the photo of the three kids in the livingroom. So precious.

Erynn said...

welcome to blog world! happy belated first mother's day! we want to meet mr. rigel soon.