Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Most Beautiful Thing I Have Seen


We brought Ohana home today, The morning started warm but it was snowing by the time we left the hospital. Ohana slept the whole drive home. When we got here we had a couple of visitors, (Thanks for the coffee Ally) then Rigel came home. We had some great family time.

I got to witness one of the most amazing things from my son and wife. Rigel wanted to hold Ohana again and had her on his lap. He was laughing every time Ohana hiccuped which went on for about 5 minutes. Dena walked up and started watching, Rigel started kissing Ohana on the nose. Then after a big kiss he told Ohana "I Wuv woo" (I Love You) I looked at my bride and watched the tears start to flow freely.

The are many great things in this world but few rival the love of a child and the love of a mother. I got to witness both in one second. Life is good!

3 comments:

BoyDena said...

I showed Dena this post and she cried when she saw the picture, even before she even read what it said. My wife is the best!

Charlotte and India said...

Congrats, Smiley Family! Erick and I are both thrilled for you. She is truly an angel! Two beautiful children for two blessed parents. Hope to see you this summer.

Victoria Nelson said...

aww, you guys.
life is good.
GOD IS GOOD =)